Friday, November 06, 2009

Jill's Favorites - Trippen Shoes

November 8, 2009

Hello

Thanks for checking out my blog. Each week, I hope, to share with you some of my favorites - food, fitness, fashion and whatever tickles my fancy to tell you about. Hopefully you will find it interesting and if you do please pass it along to your friends. If you have a comment I'd love to hear from you.


This week, I'd like to let you know about a brand of shoes called Trippen. Based out of Germany and founded by Michael Oehler and Angela Spieth, they design hip, funky and comfortable shoes for both men and women made of high quality materials in a socially environmental manner. I discovered them at a store called Kaliyana (which is another topic for another time) in Montreal. These shoes are an understated way to show your individuality and that your fashion is developed from the inside out rather than taking your style by simply looking around to see what the crowd is wearing. The biggest bonus, however, is that Trippen shoes are super comfortable and versatile; you will be looking for ensembles to wear them with because they are that fabulous. Since getting my first pair this summer, I've probably worn them more days than not, and while they aren't inexpensive, these shoes will last for many years. The Trippen web site goes into great detail about the types of materials and colors that are available. Though, if you're like me, you can't go wrong with basic black.

If you hope to find them at your mega shoe store or even a boutique, chances are you will be out of luck, unless you happen to be traveling to Berlin, Tokyo, London or Cologne where Trippen has stores. There is an e-commerce functionality on the Trippen site (though not sure what the shipping charges would be) and you can find a variety of styles from shoes to boots online at Ped Shoes, which is on the west coast. This site also has a great selection of other unique brands like Cydwoq, Coclico and Giraudon.

Perhaps Trippen shoes will become one of your new favorites.

Talk to you next week.

xxoo

Jill

1 comment:

boilermaker said...

--Wow, I adore these shoes!!!! now I will be on the internet hunt for them!